Shocks and/or struts control spring oscillations. A spring that is not properly controlled can cause a rough and unstable ride.
Symptoms one might experience if their automobile needs shocks/ struts
- The vehicle may bounce excessively after going over a bump
- The tires may be worn showing signs of cupping, or scalloping which occurs when tires don’t track straight on the pavement.
- The suspension system may be worn
Common services one might need if their vehicle is in need of this service
- The shocks/struts may require replacement
- Struts may need the upper bearing and/or mount replaced
- Tire rotation or tire replacement
- The springs and ride height should be checked
Preventative maintenance tasks one should consider
- The shocks and struts should be inspected at regular intervals
- The springs, suspension, and ride heights should be inspected at the same time