When it comes to your vehicle, it all starts with the battery (no pun intended). You need to take proper care of your car battery for two reasons:
- Your vehicle will not start or run without it.
- You rely on it to run all your other electronic accessories (lights, power windows, radio, etc.).
If your battery is not pulling enough power, your alternator has to step in to charge it. However, it can only do so much. A drained battery can ultimately cause damage to other electrical parts too.
As you may know, batteries do not respond well to temperature changes. Extreme heat or cold can affect your battery's overall performance, which is why you should have it tested and inspected regularly. Now that it's fall, you should bring your vehicle to Phil's Pro Auto for an inspection. You can casually check it at home too. Just simply prop the hood open and look for it. Here are some particular questions you should ask yourself:
- Is the battery clean and free of any residues? A filthy, unkempt battery will be more likely to drain quicker.
- Is there corrosion taking place at the terminals, where the battery cables attach to the battery? A buildup on the terminals can prevent electricity from passing to and from the battery.
- Are the cables intact? If they aren't, you should tuck away and tighten loose wires.
- Are the cables corroded? Your lines should be free of corrosion as well!
Our expert team can give you the 411 on your battery health at Phil's Pro Auto Service. If the battery test proves that you need a battery replacement, we can take care of it for you. Battery inspections are an essential aspect of preventative maintenance. If you want to keep your vehicle running in Greeley, CO, feel free to give us a call or visit our shop today.