We are your cooling system repair and service expert. When it comes to your car’s cooling system and your radiator, we are the people to see.
Your cooling system plays an important role in your vehicle’s performance. Left alone, an engine would become extremely hot, overheat and even begin to melt. The cooling system helps keep your engine cool, and running.
- Antifreeze is actually half antifreeze, half water. And it does more than just keep things from freezing. It has anti-freeze, anti-boil and anti-corrosive properties. It flows through your radiator and engine and helps keep everything working at the right temperature.
- Like all liquids, antifreeze will eventually break down.Phil's recommends changing your antifreeze every two years or 24,000 miles. This is often called a flush and fill.
- During this procedure, Phil's Pro will also check your hoses and radiator for leaks and cracks and repair any that need to be replaced.
- A cooling fan circulates air through the radiator so that it can release engine heat into the surrounding air. The fans can be mechanical or electric, if the cooling fan malfunctions, your engine can quickly overheat.
- Phil's Pro Auto Service will inspect your cooling fan and make sure the drive belt, or fan belt, that makes it turn, is not loose or cracked. He can also repair and replace damaged fans.
- A pressure cap is sometimes, but not always, called the radiator cap. It may be on the radiator, or on the coolant reservoir.
- A pressure cap should be inspected at least once a year. It’s important Your Phil's Pro technician do the inspection. A cap that’s taken off while the engine is still hot could result in severe burns from the spray of boiling coolant.
- The coolant reservoir indicates the level of coolant in the system. Your Phil's Pro Auto Service can check this during every oil change.
- The thermostat is a valve that regulates the flow of coolant based on coolant temperature. A poorly performing thermostat can result in overheating, engine knocking, poor fuel economy and more.
- Phil's will check your thermostat during an inspection of your cooling system.
Heating and Air Conditioning
- Phil's Pro Auto Service is also a heating and air conditioning expert. In fact, he can service your car’s entire HVAC system. Everything from a flushing and fill of the systems refrigerant, to checking hoses and maintaining the heating core.